Introducing The All-New Detroit Diesel DD15
The DD15 takes innovation to a whole new level. This impressive new engine delivers incredible torque response and power, increased fuel economy, extremely long torque range, increased maintenance intervals and a smoother, cleaner ride.
Incredible Torque Response
- The DD15 delivers 90% peak torque in 1.5 seconds.
– Breakthrough innovation called
Amplified Common Rail Fuel System (ACRS™)
– Simple and reliable pre-EPA ’98 non-wastegated and
non-variable geometry-style turbocharger
– Low inertia, dual overhead camshafts
Increased fuel economy
- A 5% fuel savings* over other leading engines
- Turbo compounding system recovers normally wasted exhaust gases and turns them into usable power without sacrificing fuel
Extremely Long Torque Range
- Pulls down to 1000 RPM
- At just over 1000 RPM, you’re at 90% peak torque
- Ultra-long flat torque curve for less shifting
Smoother, Quieter engine
- ACRS reduces emissions, noise and vibration
- Rear gear train and ribbed cast iron cylinder block with integrated oil and coolant passages minimize vibration and sound
- Integrated Jacobs® Engine Brake with three levels of braking increases stopping power and reduces noise
- Engine sub-systems are modularly built to simplify parts replacement and maintenance
- All filters are cartridge style and located above the frame rails for easy replacement
Download PDF of Brochure or Spec Sheet.